Rainbow International Library, Oluvu
Local community members and government officials in Oluvu and the surrounding area are working to establish a modern public library to serve the community and the 66 primary schools and 9 secondary schools currently registered in the district of Maracha. The community group has received a donated building and currently is collecting materials and monetary donations for the library.
FOYA Uganda will assist the Rainbow International Library in:
- Obtaining materials for the library;
- Training students to use the library to improve their reading skills;
- Assisting teachers in diversifying their teaching methods;
- Helping parents to support their children’s education by improving adult literacy and giving parents children’s books to take home and read with their children; and
- Training a librarian to run the library and to oversee the use and movements of all materials.