Since the summers of 2011, teams of volunteers, through fund-raising and the generous contribution of others, worked around the country building playgrounds, putting in gardens, painting, and building facilities, starting a technology lab, building community first aid clinics, starting libraries and modeling lessons for teachers. Through the efforts of the teachers and staff at the schools, the team’s efforts have been not only sustained but surpassed!
We will continue with the same focus but branch out to new schools. Our focus on health and wellness, nutrition, literacy and cooperative play will continue. A new group of volunteers will work to increase health and risk awareness through education in addition to providing basic health screenings, establishing relationships with local internists.
Please help support this initiative. While we are sure that many of you already support worthy causes we ask that you think about putting FOYA Uganda at the top of your list. Every penny of your contribution will go toward educating and improving the lives of young people.
- A donation of $10 will pay for two mosquito nets to help fight malaria.
- A donation of $25 will pay for five books to help build a library in a village with no books.
- A donation of $50 will pay for an eye exam and glasses for one child.
- A donation of $100 will pay for one student to go to school for a year.
- A donation of $300 will pay for children to survive treatable diseases.
Please help us to help this these schools. Help us to continue to build relationships and give others the tools so that they can help themselves.
Please send donations to:
c/o Diane Ross
1 South Grove
Westerville, OH 43081
(Please make checks payable to FOYA Uganda.)